CATEGORIES OF MUNUSCRIPTS CONSIDERED FOR PUBLICATION
The International Journal of Odontostomatology (Revista Internacional de Odontoestomatología), Print ISSN 0718-3801; Online ISSN 0718-381X in an official publication of the Universidad de La Frontera, Chile. The three issues published yearly constitute one volume. This journal covers all aspect of dentistry, as applied to dental practice. Reviews, short and brief communications and Letters to the Editor are also accepted.
All articles submitted to International Journal of Odontostomatology must be originals. In the Cover Letter to the Editor, signed by all the authors, it should be expressly declared that all manuscript must be approved by all authors, may not have been published previosly either in whole or partly, except in abstract form, and may not be under consideration by any other journal.
Electronic submission of articles: Articles submitted must be sent via email in word .doc format to email@example.com. Articles will be submitted to the Editorial Committee and Scientific Council. The review will be realized by two advisors -, members of the Editorial Committee and/or the Scientific Council. Subjet experts (Chilean or international) will be resolve whether the article be: a) published, b) published with modifications or c) rejeted. Copy of the final decision will be sent to the main author.
Dr. Mariano del Sol, Editor
International Journal of Odontostomatology
Universidad de La Frontera
Faculty of Medicine, Casilla 54-D
Fax: (56-45) 2325600
ABOUT THE FORM
Manuscripts should be as concise as possible (no more than 12 pages long, including text, illustrations, and References). Only manuscripts written in English and Spanish will be considered. They should be organized as follows: title page, running title, abstract and key words, introduction, material and method, results, discussion, abstract and key words in Spanish (the abstract translation will be made in Chile), acknowledgments, and references. The results and discussion sections may be combined. The illustration and Figures in Jpg format, at 300 dpi in CMYK colors. All pages should be double-spaced throughout include page numbers, and have 2.5 cm margins.
* Title page: should include: title, full name of author(s), institutional affiliation with complete address, running title not exceed 45 letters and spaces, and the name, address, phone and fax number, and the e-mail address of the corresponding author; if this manuscript (or grant) was subsidized, indicate the sponsorship and the number of the process at the bottom of the page.
* The abstract (structured) should not exceed 300 words and should be formatted to serve in lieu of a concluding summary. It should refer concisely to the rest of the paper. Append three to five key words at the end of the abstract (from the Medical Subject Heading from the Index Medicus).
* Text: Introduction, Material and Method, Result and Discussion.
* Tables and Illustrations: Each table must have a self-explanatory title, be numbered in order of appearance with Roman numerals, and be cited at an appropriate point in the text. Tables should present comparisons of data that are too cumbersome to describe in the text. Illustrations are numbered with Arabic numeral. Abbreviations used on figures should be defined in the legend must match exactly those used in the text. If it is necessary, use letters, numbers or transferable symbols.
* Abstract and key words in English (or in Spanish, in case the article is written in English).
* References: Maximum 25 references. Text references to literature should be arranged chronologically by author's last name, following the standards of the journal's technical format. Every author should be named in the References. When cited, if there are more than two authors, use the first author's name and et al. When references are made to more than one paper by the same author, published in the same year, refer them to as a, b, c, etc. along with the year of publications in parenthesis, only in the first quotation. The year should be repeated in each citation if the author has more than one article mentioned.
Follow these examples:
Brignol, L.; Guyot, L.; Richard, O. & Chossegros, C. An unusual jugal abscess after third molar extraction: a complication of hemostatic wax. Rev. Stomatol. Chir. Maxillofac., 108(2):150-2, 2007.
Montenegro, R. M. A. & Rojas, R. M. A. Factores que regulan la morfogénesis y el crecimiento mandibular humano. Int. J. Odontostomat., 1(1): 7-15, 2007.
UNIVERSIDAD DE LA FRONTERA
AVENIDA FRANCISCO SALAZAR 01145
FONO: (56) 45 2325571 - (56) 45 2325570 - FAX: (56) 45 325600